Natural Rubber Pacifier - Star & Moon
This 100% natural rubber latex pacifier from people and planet friendly production, contains no PVC, BPA, phthalates or artificial colours.
Soft and gentle on baby’s face, it has a hygienic solid design and eliminates bacteria.
The ergonomic butterfly shape with the 4 themed ventilation holes was designed to be both looking sweet but also to give space for nose and chin.
The grip is a safety requirement, and Hevea’s pacifier has a ring big enough for an adult finger to fit, reducing choking hazards.
The teats are ventilated, which means that air can flow into the teat to make sucking easier. They are gentler on the teeth as well, and preferred by dentists.
Natural rubber is biodegradable by being exposed to sunlight, humidity and fresh air. Using Natural rubber rather than synthetic rubber made from oil/petroleum, acts against climate change by increasing the number of trees and cutting back on the use of fossil fuels.Safety advice:
- Inspect carefully before each use.
- Pull the soother in all directions.
- Throw away at the first signs of damage or weakness.
- Only use dedicated soother holders.
- Never attach other ribbons or cords to a soother, your child may be strangled by them
- Do not leave a soother in direct sunlight or near a source of heat, or leave in disinfectant (“sterilizing solution”) for longer than recommended, as this may weaken the teat.
- In the event that the soother becomes lodged in the mouth, DO NOT PANIC; it cannot be swallowed and is designed to cope with such an event. Remove from the mouth with care, as gently as possible. Do not attach to any part of the pacifier/soother (i.e around the ring, plug or through the ventilation holes) pins, ribbons or string as these can be dangerous.
- Do not pull pacifier/soother apart
- Do not tie the pacifier/soother tightly to strings, straps, tapes or similar things in the child’s clothing, as this could risk choking the child
- The pacifier/soother is constructed, so that it cannot be swallowed by the child
- Check daily that the pacifier/soother is in good condition. This is done by pulling on the various parts of the soother and checking that it is still in good condition. If there are splits or changes in the soother, it should be discarded.
BEFORE USE, thoroughly clean then sterilize the pacifier/soother by either:
- Immersing the pacifier/soother in a baby-bottle sterilizing solution in accordance with the instructions for use of the sterilizing solution; or
- Boiling the pacifier/soother in water for 5 min. before it is used for the first time. Then let it cool down and empty out any water inside the nipple.
The construction of Hevea allows liquid to flow into the nipple when cleaning. Please press/turn upside down the pacifier /soother to empty any water from the nipple before using it.
Always clean the pacifier before use and check that the mouthpiece (nipple) is undamaged.
Do not dip the nipple into sweet products and/or those containing sugar or into medicine, as this can contribute to the development of tooth decay and thus presents a risk of cavities in the teeth.
For both safety and hygiene reasons, the soother should be discarded after a maximum of two months use.
Cleaning & Care:
- The pacifier/soother should be cleaned by hand or in a machine especially suitable for this, and must not be cleaned in a microwave or dishwasher.
- When the pacifier/soother is not in use, it should be kept in a clean, dry place out of direct sunlight or contact with a source of direct heat.
- It should be stored in a closed, clean and dry container.
- Very few children are allergic to natural rubber; however, watch out for any allergic reactions, and stop any use if an allergic reaction should occur because of using the pacifier.